Thoughts from an awefullspellare, spelled correct.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

2 Sides to Everything.

While I was at work today, I work at a movie theatre by the way, I was 2 minutes away from the time I was supposed to clock off at, when I heard some bad news. Some poor kid had gotten sick and had a little "puke" incident in the bathroom. Somebody was going to have to clean it up, and I was fairly certain that most of the other employees weren't going to do it. I realized that I may be the only one there who would be willing to do it.

So, I went in the back, got some gloves, deodorizer, cleaning chemicals, mop (puke was on the floor), and several other things to help clean this mess up. I went and started cleaning the puke. It wasn't fun and I didn't enjoy it. I was thinking about why I was doing this when my manager Josh walked into the bathroom. Obviously he had heard about the incident and was making sure someone was taking care of it. He said he was thankful that I was cleaning it and sorry that I was the unlucky one who had to clean it up. That's when it hit me; almost every one would see it that way, that I was unfortunate to have to clean it up. I realized that I was fortunate to clean it up. What better way to impress your mangers then by cleaning up a mess that stinks without being asked? I realized that even in this activity which is no fun, there is a silver lining.

Throughout the rest of the day I pondered this, I thought back to what I have read in the Bible, that all things work together for good. Now I suppose that if you aren't a Christian then maybe this won't apply to you. But for us believers, I think that we have to work hard to see the other side of things. Whether it is a car accident, a death, or even something as little as having to do a dirty job at work, there is a good side to it. Sometimes it is hard to see what good can come of something, but God has told us that all things work together for good. Maybe that car wreck will teach you that you need to drive safer. Perhaps it will make you realize how dependent you became on your car, or how your car had become your own personal "god". No matter what you do this week, no matter what happens to you, I encourage you to look for that second side of things, the side that shows that all things work together for good. Reflect more on that, than you do on the sad side and you will be much happier :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home